Want a yummy, but inexpensive cookie recipe? I got this from a Country Woman magazine. Don’t let the name fool you, you can’t
taste the vinegar, they actually taste really good!
I love how you can sprinkle them with colored sugar. If you want Christmas cookies, just use red and green sugar, or use pastel colors for Easter.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Colored sugar (or just regular sugar works too)
- Cream butter and sugar until its light and fluffy. Beat in vinegar and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda and add to wet mixture.
- Roll into balls. Put 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4 inche thickness; sprinkle colored sugar on top.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are very lightly brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from sheet and cooling on wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen. (I think I make mine big, because I never get this many cookies)
Click here to see the original recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Vinegar-Sugar-Cookies