If my grocery picture doesn’t look like too much, it’s because I ended up going to the store last week and bought quite a bit. And we’re over my $250 a month goal for groceries. But I’m okay with that. For one thing that was just an amount I set as a goal I want to stay close too. And Cameron and I have been talking about health a lot lately, and if we’re over our grocery budget a little bit because I bought healthy things I don’t mind that much.
So here’s how I saved at HEB this week:
- Saved $4.88 by buying generic brand
- Saved $1.28 by buying on sale items (I stocked up on Tabasco since it was on sale)
My total at HEB was $45.60.
And I went to Albertsons too and was really disappointed because I mainly went to get a couple of whole chickens on sale for 69 cents a pound, but they were all out. But I already have my menu planned with chicken, so I guess I’ll have to go and get some this week. Maybe I’ll be able to find some “Reduced for Quick Sale” at Sam’s Club. But on the positive side I did get 2 loaves of day old bread for 99 cents (originally priced at $2.99)! And I bought some cucumbers bring my Albertson’s total up to $4.95.
Breakfast: Yogurt with strawberries, smoothies, toast, oatmeal and eggs
Lunches: Sandwiches and leftovers
- Chicken tortilla soup. We got some rain and cooler weather (meaning it’s not int he 100′s) so I’m in the mood for soup!
- Black beans and rice, veggie sticks and dip
- Burritos with leftover black beans and rice, fresh salsa and chips
- Baked potatoes topped with taco meat, cheese and sour cream and fruit on the side
- Stir fry
- Chicken quesadillas with black bean salsa and chips
- Grilled cheese sandwiches, steamed broccoli and fruit
- Shepherd’s pie, veggie sticks and dip
- Nachos with bean dip and fresh salsa