At HEB this week I spent $70.27 and saved $11.52 by:
- Saved $2.98 by purchasing generic brand
- Saved $8.54 by purchasing sale items. All the fresh produce except the lemons, the yogurt and sandwich meat were on sale. We also found some granola bars on the clearance shelf. Only $2 for a pack of 24 bars!! We bought all six boxes, so have plenty of granola bars for a while!
We also went to Sam’s and bought about $65 worth of food. Sorry I don’t have a picture of all my groceries this week. I took one, but somehow ended up deleting it.
Here’s this week’s menu. I’m keeping it pretty easy as 3 days this week I’ll be babysitting all day.
Breakfasts: Toast, eggs, smoothies, oatmeal, granola bars, yogurt and crepes. We had breakfast last Saturday at Ihop and I had this delicious crepe topped with fresh fruit, granola and yogurt, so this Saturday I’m going to try to make some for our breakfast. I hope they turn out as good as Ihop’s. I’ve never made crepes before.
Lunches: Leftovers, sandwiches,
- Chicken and rice soup (bumped from last week) with multi-grain saltines
- Egg salad sandwiches (also bumped from last week), sweet potatoes
- Chicken quesadillas, chips and salsa
- Pizza bagels, salad
- Salad topped with chicken and hard boiled eggs and this salad dressing
- Bean burritos, fruit and/or veggie sticks, and chips and salsa
I’m trying to do more freezer cooking. Last week I made a big batch of chili and now have 3 bags of it in the freezer for future use. What do you like to cook and freeze? I need some ideas!