I never ended up sharing my menu from last week…we did have a menu, I just never got around to posting it. But here’s this weeks menu and grocery shopping.
I spent $67.17 at HEB and “saved” $8.32.
- I saved $.069 by buying the store brand
- I saved $7.63 by buying sale items
- I would have saved $4 if I had remember to give the cashier my in store coupons for bread and tabasco!!! I’m very mad at myself. The whole reason I bought 5 bottles of tabasco was because of the coupons, then I completely forgot about them on my clipboard until I got home…all well, I hope I learned my lesson.
On the bright side I was able to get some boxes of cereal on clearance for $1 each, so I got 8 boxes! And I got a couple of bags of coffee grounds for 50 cents each.
Breakfasts: cereal, oatmeal, cream of wheat, toast, eggs or smoothies
Lunches: Sandwiches, leftovers and Cameron will probably go out to eat a couple times
- Roast with carrots, bread and mashed potatoes (I got the roast on sale last week for $1.67 a pound)
- We’ll either eat the roast as is for a leftover or else I’ll make it into a stew
- Chicken, brown rice, sweet potatoes and steamed green beans
- Stir fry with rice, eggs and veggies
- Pizza bagels and steamed green beans
- Bean burritos and chips and salsa
- Lentil and barley soup