I spent $43.41 at HEB bringing my food total up to $137.80 for this month. My goal is to stay under $300 a month. I also bought some razor blades a Wal-Mart. Why are razor blades so stinking expensive??* Anyways that brings our non-food groceries up to $21.05. I’m wanting to keep this category under $25 a month. I’m trying a lower goal now that Gracia doesn’t wear diapers at night.
Breakfasts: Eggs, smoothies, oatmeal, cream of wheat, toast or fruit
Lunches: Leftovers, sandwiches or burritos
- Super nachos, chips, fresh salsa and fruit
- Bean soup
- I was going to make stuffed peppers with the leftover bean soup…but forgot to buy the peppers….so we’ll probably just have leftover bean soup.
- Spaghetti, salad and steamed carrots
- Grilled cheese sandwiches, boiled cabbage and salad
- Chicken quesadillas, chips and salsa and maybe some fruit too
Over the weekend I tried these frozen bananas coated in chocolate and peanut butter, only I used regular chocolate and peanut butter and omitted the coconut. We all LOVED them!