I went to HEB this week and spent $36 on food, leaving me with $40.36 if I’m going to stay under $300 this month. I think I’ll make it! For non-food groceries on the other hand, I set my goal as $25, but I’m already at $38.29…so yeah.
I saved at total of $7.35 by buying on sale items and HEB brand. Plus I was able to get a pack of coffee filters for just 50 cents because the box was damaged! Yay for damaged boxes!
Here’s what I’m planning on us eating this week.
Breakfasts: Eggs, toast, oatmeal, apples or smoothies
Lunches: Chicken sandwiches, bean burritos or leftovers
Suppers (You may notice a lot of meals are bumped from last week. We had a busy week and ended up eating out a couple of times):
- Shepherd’s pie, steamed broccoli and carrots and salad
- Hamburgers and oven fries
- Salmon melts and roasted cabbage – I tried this recipe and it’s delicious!
- Egg salad sandwiches, veggies and dip
- Black bean quesadillas, chips and salsa and salad
- Pumpkin soup from the freezer and grilled cheese sandwiches