Here’s an update on my 12 projects for 2012:
- Make a headband out of an old t-shirt. - I started this yesterday.
- Complete my price book! I’ve been procrastinating on this way too long.
- Try my hand at regrowing green onions. - I actually did this and it was working great, but then my onions got slimy. I think I wasn’t replacing the water enough. I tossed them out, but plan on buying some more and starting over again!
- Make foaming hand soap from regular liquid hand soap.
Make spinach feta quiche. – I’ve made this with feta cheese, and with replacing the feta with cheddar, which I think tasted better and was cheaper!
- Make copy cat Olive Garden salad.
- Make homemade hummus from homemade tahini.
- Try curling my hair with a sock.
- Make something from The Frugal Girl’s ebook.
- Make homemade play-dough - Tammy from Tammy’s Recipes has it priced (for the cheaper unscented kind) at only 27 cents for 2 cups!
- Make homemade pasta.
Make spinach artichoke dip- I made this for us to snack on while we watched the Super Bowl and it was really good! The only things I did different in the recipe was skipping the basil and I replaced the Romano cheese with more Parmesan.
Have you tried any fun projects or new recipes this year?