I LOVE baked potatoes! We usually top them with chili, but I really like them with just some sour cream, salt and pepper too. Yesterday I tried “baking” the potatoes in my crock and they turned out fantastic, and just as easy as making them in the oven!
- Scrub and pat dry your potatoes
- Poke a few holes in them with a fork.
- Rub in oil (I used olive oil) and salt.
- Wrap in aluminium foil and put in your crock pot. I cooked 6 potatoes on low for 7 hours, but you may need to vary the cooking time, based on the size and number of potatoes and your crock pot.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings!
Crock Pot Tip: A crock pot uses about 8 cents of electricity in 7 hours, whereas an oven uses between 16-24 cents per hour of use. I know the savings is small, but crock pots also keep your house cooler in the summer! Information from Michael Bluejay, a.k.a Mr. Electricity.
This post is shared at Tammy’s Recipes for Kitchen Tip Tuesday.