You probably don’t want to know how much food ended up in the trash this week….but then again, it might make you feel better about your food waste, so maybe you do want to know. Let’s see, I threw out:
- Half a crock pot of noodles and meat sauce.…yes half a crock pot! I took it to our hotel the night before Cameron’s marathon for his carbo-load, but we only ate half of it, then I never put it back in our cooler, so I had to toss it.
- Some taco meat. SOMEONE left it out on the counter all night.
- Salad dressing. SOMEONE (okay this time the someone was me) left it out all night.
- A bowl of cream of wheat that never got eaten.
- One power puck that got wet in the cooler on our trip.
- 1/2 a pear.
- A little milk.
And that’s all of I can think of, but there probably was a little more…and even if there wasn’t, I still did pretty bad, especially since 2 of those things had meat in them, which is the most expensive part of a meal. I guess it’s time to stop looking at the past and move ahead! Bring on a new week of (hopefully) little to no food waste!
How’d you do this week? Any food waste at your house?
This post is inspired by and linked at The Frugal Girl for Food Waste Friday.