It’s been a busy week! We’ve been out of town 2 times and I was reminded that:
- When going on trips it really is a lot cheaper to get your snacks and drinks at a grocery store rather than gas stations. Case in point, we bought a gallon of drinking water for 88 cents at Wal-Mart, you usually can’t even get a small bottle of water for that at gas stations.
We also have been going through more of our things and deciding what to get ride of and what to keep. Doing this I was reminded that:
- If something is just sitting in storage for years, it’s not getting used. If we sell it or give it away, at least it’ll be being used.
- Gracia doesn’t really play with all of her toys, so it really is okay to get rid of some.
- The less toys, books, and other things we have, the easier to pick them up and keep them tidy.
- It’s actually freeing to get rid of things.
- Why in the world did I still have the receipt from over 4 years ago when we bought Gracia’s pack-n-play? How did that make it through 2 moves??? Am I a crazy person?
- I don’t have to keep every gift ever given to me. What’s more important are the memories I have with the givers, than the actual object they gave me years ago.
That’s all for now…because I really outta wash my dishes, but I’m thinking about writing a whole post about possessions and what to get rid of and what to keep. Have a great weekend!