A little over a year ago Cameron and I started exercising more consistently than we ever had before. Cameron even completed two marathons! We’ve mostly been running, but also some bicycling and weight lifting. We’re both so pleased with how our lives have improved since doing more exercise.
- Weight loss – About 20 lbs. lost for Cameron and I haven’t lost any, but I haven’t gained either!
- Better eating – Let’s face it, if you’re going for an evening run, you’ll think twice about how much food and what kind of food you’re putting in your belly.
- No more back pain – Cameron hurt his back a few years ago weight lifting. He’s discovered that when he’s stretching and running on a regular basis he has no lower back pain!
- More flexibility – Cameron can touch his toes without bending at the knees! Something he hadn’t been able to do for years!
- Better sleep - Running helps both of us sleep better.
- Better mood - If I ever start a run in a bad mood, I usually end up in a good mood by the time I’m done. I don’t know if it’s the endorphins released while exercising, or just the time alone to think, pray and listen to music, or all of the above.
- Feeling of accomplishment - It can be really encouraging setting a goal and then accomplishing it.
- Less screen time – The more time we spend getting outside and exercising, the less time we spend watching TV or on the computer.