With our move to Missouri our expenses are going to change a lot. We won’t have lot rent or an electric bill, but we will have a school bill that covers our living expenses. Our cost of living should really decrease while there. Here’s how I think we’ll save:
- I cancelled Netflix - Save: $8/month
- Less money on gas – We’ll be both living and going to classes on campus, so we won’t be driving every day. Save:$100/month?
- Eating out less – I think it will be a lot less tempting to eat out, since we wont be living right in town and we’ll be surrounded by other missionaries in training also living frugally. – Save $100/Month?
- Groceries – The training center gets some food donated to it for the students (like old Panera bread!!), so this should help us lower our grocery money. Of course, since we should be eating out less, that may make our groceries go up, but it’ll still be an overall savings. Save: $20/month?
- Miscellaneous items, like clothes – On campus they have a “mission barrel” where people can take clothes and other things they don’t need anymore and the other students can go see if there’s anything they need. I figure if I every time we need something, we just check the mission barrel before going to the store we might find what we want and save some cash. Save-$5 month?
Those estimated savings total up to $233 a month! Woo-hoo!
Have you found any areas to cut costs lately?