When we got married we were given a whirly-popper for making popcorn in and we got a lot of use out of that thing! But when we moved here I decided to get rid of it to save space in the car. Even though I loved that thing, I’ve now learned how to make popcorn in a regular pot.
When you make popcorn in a pot…
…you don’t need a big whirly-popper or air popper that costs money plus takes up space in your cupboards.
…you don’t have to eat microwave popcorn with all its chemicals.
Making popcorn is super easy!
- Put a little oil in your pot.
- Put 2 popcorn kernels in there and put the lid on.
- Once you hear the 2 kernels pop, put in the rest of the kernels (how much you use will depend on how big your pot is, but I usually just cover the bottom of the pot in a thin layer of kernels).
- Keep the lid on and shake the pot occasionally until the popping slows down.
- Then dump into a bowl and put melted butter and seasonings on it! If you want to save a dirty dish, you can just melt the butter in the same pot.