- Corn tortillas - They’re so much yummier when you can eat them freshly made!
- Pumpkin Puree - Perfect for this time of year!
- Pop corn - It’s a great cheap and healthy snack!
- Applesauce - I like using up mealy or bruised apples this way.
- Ice coffee - We all know how much cheaper this is than buying it from fancy coffee shops!
- Spaghetti/Pizza sauce- I like how I can control the sweetness in homemade sauce, some of the store-bought ones are so sweet!
- French Fries- With just a little bit of olive oil and baked in the oven, these fries are a healthy alternative to the frozen variety.
- Granola - There’s so many granola recipes out there, but here’s just one recipe.
- Energy bars – aka Cameron’s Peanut Butter Power Pucks, they’re reminiscent to Cliff Bars.
- Frozen Pizza - It sure is nice having a meal ready to go in the freezer!
- Salad dressing - This is one of my favorites.
- Chicken broth & shredded chicken - Both great staples for many meals!
- Bread crumbs - Why buy them, when you can make them out of old bread and crackers?
- Whole Wheat bread - This is a great recipe from my mother-in-law!
- Beans - I love having various beans in the freezer, it’s cheaper than buying canned beans.
Even though I have made all of the above from scratch, I honestly don’t make them all of the time. I can’t even remember the last time I made a batch of whole wheat bread! I’m trying to slowly, but surely try more and more scratch recipes. Maybe sometime I can add even more recipes, like mayonnaise, english muffins, pasta and home canning!
This post is linked at Good Cheap Eats for Kitchen Tip Tuesday!