A guest post at Thankfully Thrifty called 5 Things You Won’t Find in my Pantry got me thinking and I came up with this post, which is the opposite. 5 things you WILL find in my pantry:
- Baking Supplies - White flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, etc… The wonderful thing about baking ingredients is you can whip up a variety of things, muffins, pizza crust, breads etc…
- Dry Beans – Instead of buying canned beans I usually buy bags of dry beans, it’s such a cheap source of protein and vitamins! I like to soak and cook a big batch and freeze them in bags for later use.
- Rice – Brown and white rice are a cheap staple for stirfrys, soups, breakfast rice and all kinds of things!
- Vinegar - I use this for salad dressing, window cleaning, occasionally laundry, and even in this cookie recipe!
- Oatmeal - Perfect for a breakfast of oatmeal, scrumptious granola, or toss in cookie, muffin and bread recipes.
What things are staples in your pantry?