Yesterday I shared 10 things we DON’T spend money, but here are 10 things we DO spend money on.
- Cell phones – People lived a long time without phones and I know they’re not a necessity, but they sure are handy!
- Air conditioning – We could save about $60 a month in the summer if we didn’t use our air conditioning, but it’s a luxury that we take advantage of. Here I have some tips for saving on ac costs.
- Netflix – Lately we’ve been trying to decide if we want to keep spending $8 a month on this, but for now, we’re keeping it.
- Quality running shoes – Cameron really feels it’s worth spending a little more on good running shoes, we don’t buy the most expensive brands, but we don’t buy the cheapest either.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts - I have bought the cheaper bone-in kind before, but I really prefer the boneless skinless, because it’s just so much easier, so I usually opt for that, even though it costs a little more.
- Diapers and wipes (well not anymore, but when Gracia was smaller) – I tried cloth diapering for a few days, but it didn’t go as I had planned. I’m not giving up all hope though I might try it again with future babies…we’ll see.
- Vitamins – We figure keeping ourselves healthy can save money later on, on doctor bills.
- Yarn – What can I say, it’s my weakness.
- Podcasts – Cameron buys them off the internet to listen to when he runs.
- Restaurants - We try to keep it cheap when we eat out, but we really do enjoy going out to eat!
What are some areas you choose to spend your money on?