As I look through my Tightwad Gazette one last time before parting with it, I’m reminded how practical and useful all the information in it is. While I definitely haven’t done all the things it includes, I was surprised as I’ve been looking over it and taking notes of some of my favorite ideas of how many I have tried. A few things are slightly out of date, like: “Write a good letter instead of making a monthly long-distance phone call.” That was before Skype, but most things are still applicable and this book could help anyone wanting to reduce their spending.
- Ideas for a frugal Valentines Day.
- Frugal birthday party ideas.
- Tips for cutting the cost of baking.
- Recipes for homemade salad dressings, croutons, play dough, stain remover and much more!
- Ideas for re-using wire hangars, cereal boxes, milk jugs and a ton of other things!
- Tips for saving money, even when you don’t feel like you have the time to.
- Lots of other stuff too!