It seems like eating up all or even most of our leftovers is such a battle for me. I know that’s truly a 1st world problem if I ever saw one! I’m grateful I’ve never lacked the food and nutrition my body needs! Anyways…back to leftovers, when I do successfully come up with ways to use those about-to-be-too-bad-to-eat-foods, it really excites me!
- We cooked our turkey late, and have been chowing down on turkey sandwiches and tomorrow some of the turkey will become turkey quesadillas. I also made some broth with the turkey bones and some veggie scraps.
- Some wrinkling bell peppers didn’t look appetizing to eat raw, but tasted fine as stuffed bell peppers and in pizza sauce.
- We had defrosted some black beans to use for chili, but didn’t use them all, so I threw them into burritos (which reminds me I still have some kidney beans I need to hurry and use up).
- Some wilting spinach tasted just fine steamed, drained well and then baked in a quiche.
- I made some banana bread to use up out-dated yogurt, some buttermilk and browning bananas.
- I also made some buttermilk ranch dressing at the suggestion of a facebook follower.
- Cameron used our blender to turn pretzels into crumbs and I then used them to coat chicken for chicken fingers.
- And lastly I used a little bit of leftover chocolate milk in some coffee to make a mocha!
Have you used up some leftovers in a creative way?