When I asked all of you for questions, someone mentioned my grocery updates which I haven’t been doing. When we got here to the missionary training center and things got busier I slowed down a little on the number of blog posts and decided my grocery and menu posts were an easy one to cut out.
But since someone asked, and since I have a little more time over the summer, and since I got more bargains than usual today on my grocery excursion, I’ll share it with you!
I spent a total of $50.27 cents for all of this:
A lot of it was nothing special, but some of the things I was able to get for less than retail price:
- Reduced for quick sale whole chicken, which is pretty much always a good price per pound anyways, I was able to get for $6.58 instead of $9.37, saving me $2.78.
- Honeydew melon (one of Gracia’s favorites!) for $1.49 by price matching.
- Grapes for $1.19/lb. by price matching.
- 99 cents/lb. roma tomatoes by price matching.
- 99 cents/lb. broccoli by price matching.
- Shaving cream – FREE. I got a coupon in the mail for a free bottle of it. Honestly I don’t usually use shaving cream for myself, I just use conditioner or body wash, but if it’s free I’ll use it!
- Razor with 5 blades for only 97 cents!!! Razor blades are so stinkin’ expensive, I usually use them until they aren’t really doing anything, so I was so excited about this deal! I got this coupon in the mail along with the shaving cream one for $8 off this razor set, and since it cost $8.97, I only paid 97 cents! Sometimes it’s fun to feel like an extreme couponer, even though I’m not.
Breakfasts: Cheerios, yogurt, fruit, toast, eggs, oatmeal
Lunches: Pizza muffins (if these taste good, I might post the recipe!), sandwiches, bean burritos, leftovers
- African chicken in peanut sauce over rice.
- Stretched taco meat burritos, chips and salsa and fruit
- Taco salad with leftover taco meat, chips and salsa, fruit
- Lentil sloppy joes and red potatoes
- Chicken pasta salad, some kind of veggie
- Pizza pasta and some kind of veggie
I’m linking up at orgjunkie.com for Menu Monday.