Ever find yourself needing some money all of a sudden? Sometimes we have money we’ve forgotten about. Here’s 6 places you might be able to find some quick cash:
- Coins and loose change. This might be a couple of pennies in the couch cushions or a full coin jar in the cupboard.
- Gift cards. You know those gift cards in your wallet from Christmas and birthdays? Go ahead and use them, even if their’s just a couple of dollars left, still use them up.
- Checks that need to be cashed. Do you have some checks you haven’t cashed yet?
- Return unused items for cash back or an in-store gift card. I recently got over $6 towards my groceries for returning unopened cat food.
- Sell something. Sell some of your things that you’re not using. Try craigslist.org for a free place to advertise or call a local consignment shop to see if they’ll purchase your items.
- Redeem points. This could be from swagbucks, points from a credit card…etc… I was able to get a $10 gift card for Cameron for Christmas with my swagbucks and more recently I got a $10 Old Navy gift card. I bought some shorts and with it and only had to pay $2.99 out of pocket! But if you’re in desperate times you could use your swagbucks to get Amazon gift cards then use those towards something more important, like grocery items.
Any other ideas of how to get some quick cash?