- Go to a bookstore. We used to go to Barnes & Noble all the time. We wouldn’t buy anything, just enjoy ourselves looking at books. Now we like to go to used book stores and pick out some cheap reads.
- Go on a walk. We actually just celebrated our 5th Anniversary by taking a stroll through a park and buying some street food, and I think it was one of my favorite dates yet!
- Go to the park. We mostly go to parks for Gracia’s sake now, but even before she was born there was this one really pretty park we liked to go to and throw a frisbee or do homework under a tree (it was when we were at Bible school).
- Go outside and do some star-gazing. We did this for our anniversary a couple of years ago. You never know, you might end up seeing a shooting star!
- Play a game at home. Some evenings we put on a cartoon for Gracia and play a game, right now our favorite is Carcassonne…although I usually loose….
- Watch a movie at home. We do this one a lot! Now that we have Netflix we almost never rent movies, but if we do rent something Redbox is a pretty good price.
My blog was having issues yesterday, so if you missed it, I’m giving away a copy of The Money Saving Mom’s Budget: Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life, and Save Thousands a Year. Go enter yourself!
What do you like to do for free or cheap fun?