Finally getting back to blogging!! Our little trip went good and Cameron did great on his marathon!
I went shopping yesterday and spent $53.45 at HEB and saved $14.19!
- Saved 99 cents buying HEB brand
- Saved $7.70 buying on sale items – Tomatoes, grapes, pears, and apples were all on sale. I also got 2 cans of evaporated milk marked down on the clearance shelf for 50 cents each and a can of pizza sauce for $1.
- Saved $5.50 using coupons – $1 off the Oatmeal Squares cereal, the coupon came with a sample. A coupon for a free zone bar I got in the mail. Toilet paper coupon I got off of some TP packaging. There were also 2 in store coupons I used for bread and juice, which is a total of 5 coupons…but my receipt only shows 4 coupons…I don’t know which one didn’t get used, I guess I should’ve paid more attention.
I also went to Sam’s club and spent $26.55 on carrots, 2 big bag salads, 2 whole chickens and a block of cheddar cheese. I forgot my list and because of that I forgot to get milk, so I’ll probably be going back today. At least it’s on my way home from work!
Breakfasts: Cereal, toast, eggs, oatmeal and breakfast burritos
Lunches: Sandwiches, leftovers and Cameron will eat out a couple of times
- Fast Food – It was Monday night, I had almost nothing in the house and it had been a busy day, so we just went to Wendy’s that night.
- Taco salad, chips and salsa
- Supper-in-a-Dish – One of my most used crock pot recipes, it’s similar to shepherd’s pie.
- Chicken strips, brown rice, salad and steamed carrots
- Rotisserie chicken in the crock pot - I hope this turns out good! I’ll use the chicken to make sandwiches and we’ll probably have veggie sticks and fruit salad on the side.
- Ramen noodle stir fry
What’s on your menu this week?