- The kids were invited to a superhero birthday party and I maybe, just maybe put off getting a gift until right before the party. I thought about mixing up some play dough, but didn’t have enough cream of tartar, then I remembered cloud dough, which I made once before. Get this, it only requires 2 ingredients, 2 parts cornstarch to 1 part conditioner (yes like the kind you put in your hair, I know it’s weird, but it works). We whipped some up last minute and the kids made some cards. So if you ever procrastinate like me, this recipe is super quick, no cooking or anything.
- I’ve been listening to lots of music. God’s truth blaring at me in music challenges and encourages me in so many ways, and I’m so grateful for it! Spotifiy is a great way to listen to all kinds of music for free, I use it almost daily.
- Shopped my pantry before making my menu and grocery list. I usually do this mentally, but I find that when I actually go look and see what I have then write it down, I realize that I have more than I thought. Speaking of eating from the pantry, have you read Money Saving Mom’s Eat From the Pantry Post?
- I get the Shutterfly emails about deals and took advantage of 24 address labels for free (just $3.16 for shipping and handling). However I didn’t put our address on them, but tweaked them so I can use them in as a gift idea.
- I was at Wal-Mart multiple times this week (I know…that’s not frugal to go to the store multiple times a week). But when there I checked the meat department and found some reduced for quick sale meat! Oh how I love those beautiful yellow stickers!
Not so frugal - Drove all the way to town yesterday, then realized I didn’t have my purse with me and had to drive all the way back home and then back to town again….Moral of the story: Loosing your mind can cost you time and money.
What are some things you did this week to spend less money?