These past 10 days we’ve been back to a family of 6, and the funny thing is it’s the same kiddos we had over the summer! Big Sis and Little Bro are with another (and amazing at that!) foster family, but they had a trip already planned before taking the kids in, so we agreed to provide respite while they took their trip for 10 days. Little Dude came back just a couple of days before the other two, and I have to say I really missed having him here!
So, 4 kids, 2 of which were sick, plus our own classes, plus some big papers for homework, plus everything else that happens in life…it was a crazy 10 days to say the least, but by God’s amazing grace, He gave us the strength to press on and I’m so thankful that He’s faithful even when I’m at the end of my rope.
All that to say, I’d like to write a post someday sharing creative ways to help foster parents, but I think just sharing this list of thank yous will give you a great idea for now:
- Thank you to my husband, he has been awesome during all this craziness! Like the night he took care of the kids so I could go to a ladies Bible study. I came back to 4 kids in bed, dishes washed, the floor swept and the house picked up! Not counting all the other things he did to help.
- Several of our AMAZING friends put us on a meal schedule and we got a nice home-cooked meal every week night. Not only was the food scrumptious, but it was a HUGE help not having to think about supper every night. You guys don’t realize how big of a help that was!
- All the many people that prayed for us and encouraged us. As I write this, so many faces are coming to mind of people that asked how we were doing, gave me a hug, befriended the kids, and offered to help in any way needed. Even if I didn’t take you up on the offer, believe me it still meant a ton just knowing you were willing!
- I would like to thank Big Sis, Little Bro, Little Dude and Gracia for their patience with me when I was lacking patience. The 3 older kids were always quick to help the youngest and it was greatly appreciated! And I was never lacking in hugs with 4 kids around!
- And thanks to all of you, sorry I haven’t been able to blog during this time, but I can’t wait to get back to it!